Monday, January 26, 2015

My Family Isn't Good at Secrets

The cat's out of the bag.  The girls went to a family party this weekend and got let in on our little secret.  It's not a big deal, really.  I was afraid they'd give up on public school before I was ready to have them home full time. 

We sat on our bed last night and talked about our plan for homeschooling.  They all three seemed excited about the way we're going to do things.

Daughter one's biggest complaint about public school is the pace.  She said she gets upset when she only has x amount of time to complete work before the teacher moves on.  If she's at home she could work at her own pace.  Done.

Daughter two's biggest complaint about public school is her teacher is mean.  I'm not sure what she means by this.  I've met her.  She's great.  And I'm mean too.  She was also excited that she didn't have to wear pants to school at home.  She's totally my daughter.  Done.

Daughter three didn't have many complaints.  She enjoys school.  She was excited about getting to sleep in.  Done.

They were all three pumped about extra family time and getting to help me out around the house.  And getting to play more.

So, all in all, I think we're ready.  4 months and counting.

No comments:

Post a Comment